Pages

Tuesday 21 August 2012

Those glistening waves !

 Its been a while since i've actually written something. I kept cheating on my blog by getting too involved in my paintings. So, I felt its time for justice. Today, when I sat down to actually put in some words on this blank canvas, my mind was hovering through lot many memories, to pick up something good enough. After spending some rigorous time, my thoughts flashed back to a time, when I actually felt life was indeed amazing and pure. I felt I should share it because our elders always keep telling, multiply your joy by sharing it. I do sound as if I've popped out of some black and white movie, but sometimes, its good to be crazy like that.


It happened one day, when I went to visit a beach at my native, after one long year. As we grow up, we tend to look at things differently. We come up with new perspective towards things, which already existed in our life from the start. We develop a new likeness. Same thing happened with me. I visited the beach endless number of times, but that day it seemed different.

I was reluctant to take off my shoes and walk on the sand. For a while, I stood there, completely blank. I watched everybody around me. My cousins were busy in their own little merriment. I saw little kids busy building their sand castles. Couples sharing their sweet moments. Peanut sellers making their fortune. And some teenagers going insane in the water. Each person different from one another, but one thing was common among all of them. They were happy. A smile on their faces, made me feel, "Why am I being so fuzzy about a pair of shoes, depriving myself from sharing the same joy ?" Before I could answer it, I started walking towards the water. Funny thing, as I took each step, little crabs were running into their holes, bringing that instant smile on my face. Crazy, isn't it ?

When I reached a point, where I could watch the waves fighting with one another to reach me first, my heart started racing. And finally, when I felt the soothing touch of water on my feet, it just pulled away all the burden in a flash. I could feel every inch of me coming alive. I walked towards the rocks and found a cute little place to sit and watch the shimmering waves of water in the moonlight. The enormous lighthouse, blazing my thoughts.

I sat there in peace. Heavenly breezes playing with my hair. And my heart singing along with the roaring waves.
Soon, I slipped back to some beautiful memories. I could actually see them coming alive. My first walk with my grandfather along the shore, where I was busy eating candy. Those endless moments of fun I had in the water with my loved ones, when I was a kid. Crazy "lets see who wins" races along the water, when I used to feel as though I nailed the Olympics on winning them. Building irregular castles for hours together. That first walk I had, hand in hand with my love, feeling too ecstatic. And before I could actually think further, tiny tears rolling down my cheeks just made everything disappear.

That is when I realized, life changed drastically, but it didn't take away the best times i've had, they are still breathing inside me, all the time. Grandpa wasn't there anymore, but his endearing affection didn't die. My crazy times with my loved ones vanished, but their support grew each day. No more racing, yet I learned, to make me win, they will be ready to lose zillion times, to make me feel like a champion. Castles washed away but, the hope of building a dream with these hands didn't. My love disappeared, but the desire of sharing my heartbeat with him didn't. I changed, but the memories inside me didn't.

This is how life works. In our crazy journey of life, we gain some, we lose some. But despite the end result, the ride leading up to the destination gives us so much to store, that when you feel you're all alone,it comes to your rescue. Don't ever feel terrible that you've lost something or someone, because they are never actually gone. They live inside you as memories, for eternity. If you ever miss them, just look inside, they are just a heartbeat away !





5 comments:

  1. start building ur castle of memories,share ur merry moments,kick out the painful incidents frm ur life...:)..u ll be surrounded by joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. uua jus filled wid awesomeness in mind..too gud one...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I have a suggestion change the back ground its quite distracting ..

    ReplyDelete