Pages

Thursday 9 August 2012

Sometimes, it's all about taking a pause !

Life has so many photographic moments and indeed, camera is the right way of capturing it. I wish I had one too. Get saddened by that thought at times, then I felt, magic of life cannot have any limitations ! I have my journal, I can recapture every little detail with the help of my words, my language.

Scorching heat, thud ! the power goes off. I'm cozily wrapped up in the cool breezes of the air cooler,  breathing in the earthy smell. Whenever you're in a wonderful dream and suddenly, somebody wakes you up, that cranky feeling you get ?! Same was with me, when the cooler stood in silence. All cranky, cursing the electric department, I step out into the balcony. Well, I thought I'd have to wait desperately for the power to come back counting every second. As always, I was surprised !

All upset and sad, I sit on my steps, with my face, wrapped in between my palms. TING TING ! a little bell goes ringing, I get up and give a little peep outside. I spot a little ice cream truck passing by, and my folks, all excited, run to him, trying to pick their favorites. It reminded me of myself, when i was a little girl, I used to have hell of a time choosing on a flavor. I smile to the thought of the little kid in me chirping inside. Each time I take a bite into the yummy chocolate stick, I lose myself in disney land. I find my two brothers so engrossed in eating it and feeding their clothes too. I smile.

 I stare at the road, the bright sun, makes the road glitter. I find an old rickshaw, carrying hell lot of pipes. Trying hard to row his rickshaw,was an old man, giving all his strength, With those wrinkled hands. Then i wonder, the desire to fill the hunger of your family, to have a shade above your head, a commoner usually faces such tough time. I'm suddenly distracted by this little girl who's squeaking with joy, looking at the ice cream. Then a thought arises to mind, how weird is this world, while one man struggles to row his way into life, the other is just taking little steps.  In that cute little age, everything is as perfect as a fairy tale. Only then life starts to change the perfect pink color, turning it to red. And there you are, all your life, trying to turn your ledger into white, losing yourself in the race to do it first.

Suddenly power comes back. Everybody rush inside, the noise of the coolers, televisions start all over again. And the streets become deserted. Even few minutes in a day, help you notice so much. These little things give you such pleasure and joy. I felt, how much we fail to notice, so many wonderful moments around us, getting engrossed in living such a busy, competitive life pushing one another. Sometimes its all about taking that pause, and stretching out our hands to feel the little moments of joy !

0 comments:

Post a Comment