Pages

Thursday 2 August 2012

KEEPING HER ALIVE !


Ever since I was a little girl..I always wondered, why can't we grow up soon, why do we always have to spend so many years being a kid ? When I actually did grow up, I wished, I longed to turn back time. I sulked in despair that I can never bring back those days ever again.

They always say that, when one door closes, the other opens. Maybe, the desire of living back my childhood days wasn't fulfilled. But i was so fortunate to watch my mother, the best mother, live her childhood again.  Yes ! I watched my granny turn into a child. Don't know why, the thought of a marriage, Family, responsibility always freaked me out, specially "kids".

The thought of looking after them, always scared the hell out of me. Well,It doesn't anymore. Like, she taught me everything, she did remove this fear in her last days too. Still remember a clear picture of her,so healthy and strong, even in her fifties, single mother, she did a swell job. And more than a grandparent, she was my mom !

She was always there, my first words, my first steps, my first school, everything. Ever since I can remember feeling hunger, pain, happiness I can only picture her present in every walk of life.

I saw her turn from a mother into a little child, she turned me into a mother. I watched her, becoming half of what she was. I fed her, I bathed her, I put her to sleep. I saw her giggling when she had ice-ream. I saw her in the wheel chair, blood dripping from her hand. I saw myself, when i saw her crashing to the last stage. Within no time, my worst nightmare came true. Before I could take in, she was there Ice cold, in the big box, resting forever. And my whole world came crashing to me. She's gone now, to a perfect place, Where she actually came from. My angel,she must be there, happy, smiling and taking care of other angels and yeah, me too !

0 comments:

Post a Comment