Pages

Monday 6 August 2012

The Priceless Possession !

From the time we come into this world, we get obsessed by something or the other. That obsession changes with time, it keeps varying with our choices and interests. Every one of us will always be in a notion that, we know everything about ourselves, more than anybody. But have you ever had anybody in your life who knows about you, more than yourself ? Have you ever had that one person, who makes you recognize the growing obsession inside you, which you have neglected for a very long time ? If i'm asked the same question, my answer would be, YES !! with a wide, happy grin.

I woke up, thinking it would be a very normal day like always. I was starting to get ready, and I found this little rose on my pillow. I picked it up and looked around, there was no one. I just smiled, put it in a little pen stand and went on with my work. This kept happening for few days and it started to freak me out. Finally I decided to find out out who's doing this. That day, I was hiding in my closet, waiting for that person to show up with the rose. I waited for a very long time and I was frustrated. I decided to give up, when I was about to come out of the closet, the next scenario that appeared in front of me made me lose my mind. I saw this adorable cupid, flying in the air, dropping that rose on my pillow. When I stood in front of him, he was startled. I was actually freaked out and in shock completely. He was looking down with his wings flapping in a proper sync with the air. He resembled an angel. I wondered, how could, someone like cupid fall for me ? When I met his other friends, well lets not get into detail about who they were and all, I felt I was lucky. Because, everybody connected to him, could never stop admiring him.

I couldn't ignore the sweet gestures, and his arrow did strike me. Within no time, I started getting attached to him. Soon we were inseperable. In this happy and ridiculous time of my life, the black shadows started spreading itself. And when it did, I wasn't in my best place. That smile began to vanish. All I did was to take out that inner madness on my little cupid. He never said a word, he just kept smiling at me. He tried every possible thing to make me smile. He made such attempts, which will make a person jump with joy. Eveyrbody who heard about this little cupid of mine, only dreamed with glittering eyes, wishing for somebody like him in their life too. Here I was, ignoring everything he did. My madness began to grow, it crossed the heights, and I was unable to calm myself anymore. I began to lose myself to the shadows, ignoring the little cupid in my life, who kept lighting that little light of love in my name each day, giving light to the rose. I couldn't stand him anymore, I stabbed him in his heart, so hard with my words, that he looked at me with those teary eyes, waving me goodbye, but the strong headed me didn't turn back.

Months passed by, time flew like an eagle, swiftly. My cupid didn't come back. I was destroyed completely. And the reason for that was, ME. I began to miss him more than my own heartbeat. I missed those long talks, I used to tell him every llittle thing. And he used to stare at me, with his eyes popping out that heart symbol. I began searching for him, shouting out to him. But I wasn't heard anymore. I opened my book, found those petals of all the roses, pressed between the pages. I touched them, and all I could do was to mourn at the wrinkled sight of them. I held them in my palms, letting the grief in me come out as endless tears.I tried sleeping and all I could remember was his sad face while moving away. That is when I noticed the growing obsession for him in me.

By now, I was completely shattered. I hated my own face. It was time for me to move to another place. I couldn't breathe anymore with those memories around. I went on with my life, but my soul was left at that place. One day, I was looking through my shelf, and found that book where in my rose petals were crushed inside. I opened it. I sat under my study lamp. I kept looking at those petals. Suddenly, I happened to notice, that on every petal, there was a note written for me. Each note described how much he loved me, how much he worshiped me. I fond his little bow and arrow, broken, wrapped in a petal. That particular petal read, " If you don't want me in your life, I will move away, but only to a distance where I could at-least see you, to make sure you're okay. I will not show my face again, but this bow and arrow have no meaning, when there is no more love in life !" I fell on my feet. I ran back to the old place. I looked every where, and there was this one place I never looked in. THE CLOSET. That one place I din look in. There he was, wrapped among those thorns, those dried up roses, his wings stained with his blood. He lay there, all this while, in my thoughts, in my presence. I couldn't even ask him for forgiveness. Because, I can never become like him even in a thousand lives.

Then I realized, you never understand the value of what you have, until you actually lose it. I lost him and there was no more life from that point. So, its time, hug that person whom you love and tell them, how much they mean to you. Because once they are gone, is happiness gone forever.

6 comments:

  1. fabulous work done in writing....every para went into imagination.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. u inspire a lot re...may b i shud say m obssesed wid yor writings...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful work, ma'am! i'm touched! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww thanx poojitha..happy you connected :)

    ReplyDelete