Pages

Thursday 23 August 2012

The Pompous city !

                                                    
I took my first steps in a city, which is the most exuberant place in India. Any guesses ? Well, it is kolkatta ! Being born in such a place, you tend to accustom yourself to the ancient boats, the yummy food, breath taking views from the incredibly long bridge ways and many more. People there, look so chubby, which seems as though they've stuffed two rasagullas in either cheeks. Beauty just overflows among the people, specially the women with their authentic dressing of the saree. Its adorable to watch the key bunch hanging to their sarees swing to the pace of their steps. When you step out, the crowded vintage streets, huge idols of Gods, the loudness popping out from the bold usage of colors etc etc. Only one word to describe all of it "DIVINE". Well, destiny had something more astounding in store for me. When I landed there, I didn't know my life would take a whole new turn, leaving kolkatta as a faded picture. Before I could miss my city, I saw the board which read "HYDERABAD" and the journey began..

When I first came to this city, all I could do was my miss my grandparents and the sea. Nothing else seemed appealing to me. Slowly, a new world began to build itself. New school, new companions, new house, and the list goes on. In all these years of growing up, I never actually realized the roller coaster ride i've had in this long journey. Yesterday, I sat down with my cup of coffee. While the steam was escaping out of the cup, I happened to take a pause from everything going around and just sat there watching the city run. I decided then, to share my picture of this place.

My experiences in this city will always be the most craziest times of my life. To start with, tank bund always reminded me of the missing beach. I still remember a vivid picture of me cribbing about it and that is when my granny used to tell me, "Look at the Buddha who is standing so still, despite the water trying to bring him down. That is how you should build your personality, rock steady!". The never ending traffic at all times, forming clouds of smoke, creating funny images. There stands the traffic police, with the white traffic ghost in every road surrounding him and his cap warning everbody. Ridiculous !

When you wait at the bus stops, I can bet on you running into atleast one insane person acting like an animal. Those bus rides, loaded with so many people, making the bus dance on the road, while people driving the bikes flaunt their beehive shaped hair due to the air messing with it.

And when the buses get me vexed up, I always have one super fun argument with the auto drivers, who actually ask double the fare. The bumps on every road make me feel as though i'm on a trampoline. The colorful side of the city will always be the famous charminar. The bangles, pearls, various blingy stones, the colorful stores, women dressed in black robes, white hatted men, the whole place just gives you a different feel. If you are a figure head, then the prices of this place will never make your pocket barren.

The other side of the city is completely filled with fancy buildings, huge multiplexes, people stepping out of fancy cars, Harley Davidson bikes, the stilettos, the louis vuitton bags, the ferrari shoes, their glares giving out weird reflections. And the most funniest thing for me would be, the entire crowd just eyeing on a jaguar halting by the signal. This side of the city never sleeps with the night life, glittering in the moonlight.

While I was busy in these thoughts, a certain sight ahead of me caught my attention. Walking from a distance was a cute old couple walking hand in hand, walking by the road when the other vehicles are swooshing by. The couple seemed as though they were just laughing away their troubles. They didn't care about the surroundings, the beeping of the horns, the crazy race goin around. For them, the world seemed to have only one element, LOVE ! That is when I realised, even though time flies with real speed in this city, it never fails to keep the emotions alive. People here rush to make their daily fortune, but they will never let go those attachments. When its time, they will wrap the blanket of love around you and comfort you. It taught me to stand up on my own feet, to be bold and beautiful at heart. So, while I have the last sip of my coffee, this pompous city, finally made me say, "I'm a HYDERABADI".

2 comments: