Pages

Thursday 6 June 2013

Forever Young !

                
Well the thought for this article popped into my head while I was playing with a 3 year old kid this morning. I know kids are adorable and etcetera, but I came across the cutest sight today. This little girl sat down on the floor, with her legs crossed, holding a bowl of chocolate powder. She was extremely careful in making sure, not to spill a spoon out of the bowl.

There's nothing great to that sight, yet she made me smile, thinking of how insanely unblemished that time of childhood is ! If you recollect, I'm pretty sure everyone of us love that one phase of life. Love it ? Oh I would give up everything to live those days again. So, I had this genius idea of listing some classic cliches of that phase.

1. School days ! Putting on those lil' uniforms and those pigtails, kitty backpack, as your mom drags you to school, while you're trying to fake an ache in every possible part of your body. Now ? mother throws on a bucket of water and you drag yourself to go to work, or your boss calls up to give you that early morning blessing while you imagine him being hit by something or drop dead. Also, we take an hour to pick up what to wear that day. Big task, ain't it ?

2. Fights ! Rolling in the mud and hitting each other, while parents pull you away from your so-called-enemy. And why is he your enemy ? He must have either poked you with a pencil or secretly ate up your snack pack. These days ? Reasons can be either getting into a brawl while the traffic gets jammed or Oh! you know what ? he/she put up a status on facebook, which I'm pretty sure it's about me so let me scratch his/her eyes out.

3. Friends ! You make friends with the ones who play with you all the time and share their lunch boxes with you. You would do anything to have that play time fun and never let them go. These days ? If I ask you hey, what's your best friend doing these days ? And I get the reply, I'm not really sure, but I do remember him/her liking my status the other day. I should ping him/her.

4. Parties and Makeup ! You put on your frippery frock or your favorite T-Shirt with Ben 10 on it. Cover your face with talcum powder and *this solely applies to lil girls* lipstick out of the lines. The only excitement would be,"Yay ! I'll get to eat the cake!". Present crowd ? Party ?*this again applies to girls* OMG ! I have a party coming up in a month. I better start shopping now. I have to get a dress, shoes, accessories and blabbityyy blaaah ! *What a huge task, ain't it ?*
And guys ? Let's pick something, drown yourself in perfume and text your friend, "Let's get wasted brother!"

5. Decisions and Responsibilities ! The only big task then was to decide how well to lie to your teacher, to cover up the fact that your mom/dad did the homework for you. Now ? Decide your life, career, aims, goals, life partner, mba or gre or gmat or some other crappy exam *zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz*

6. Thoughts ! The only thought then was which game to play in the next break, when will I get my barbie or my hotwheels track. Now ? How do I update my status in a way it taunts him/her ? How do I make enough money, to get that car ? How do I pay my credit card bill ? How do I get those steve madden's next month ? *waaahhhhhhhhhhh! I'll faint now*

Realize how demented life became now ? We hardly have time for ourselves, let alone the time to reminiscence your memories. I know career and everything else comes first, but don't you miss that life where innocence played a huge part ?

Let's go back. Live that time again. Take a leap of faith. Make a list. Burn Crackers. Call your bestie and say, I Love You ! Hug your security guard and say, "thank you." Someone sad ? Leave a cute message. Make them smile. Get a paint-ball gun. Do gardening. Play cricket in the streets. Break a window glass. Ride a bicycle. Get onto a truck. Play in the hay. Cuddle street dogs. Buy a book for the slum kid. Be a santa for someone deprived. Do wild things. Shout out loud. Travel. Be a hippie. Stay forever young!

0 comments:

Post a Comment