Pages

Sunday 14 April 2013

The Treasure Box !

                                                                         
Remember the good old times when you used to save all the precious little things in a treasure box ? I'm sure each one of us took care of it so dearly, by hiding it in a safe place and open it when no one's around. Wonder why I'm talking about all of this now ? My life has been a constant roller coaster ride for sometime now. My new job, new people, hectic work and other things have kept me so busy that my passion for writing, painting, reading have been locked up in a little treasure box.

While I've been busy with everything else in the world, a strange incident happened. I happened to visit my father's college, where he works as a lecturer. I met my dad's assistant. Pretty lady, simple attire and innocent. I sat down talking to her. She walked me through my dad's routine everyday. I was surprised listening to her. When I visited my dad's library, I saw lot many saying and quotes pasted on the wall. I examined them closely. They were dated ages back. I asked his assistant about those posters. She replied saying that, "Every time your dad reads a book and finds something good, he pastes it on this wall."

I went to my dad and asked him,"Why do you paste all this stuff on the wall ? Do you think anyone will ever read it ?" My dad replied,"I know not everyone reads this, but it is my job to do it. Even if one person notices it, it may change his way of life. He may learn something new. I will then be able to sleep with a smile on my face, hoping I helped somebody."

This conversation with my dad made me wonder about my lost passion. Everyone of us have that zeal in us to do something in life. Passion, craziness, to get there, make it happen should be the words that run our life. This busy corporate life just takes everything out and puts in a box. Do you want to see yourself, aged around 60, open your treasure box, find your passion lying helpless there and say to yourself, "I'm too old for this stuff?"

I opened my treasure box today and wrote an article after ages. Miss your passion ? Search for your treasure box, pull your passion out and do something about it. Create a new world. You have one life, live it on the edge. Stand unique. Walk against the crowd. Discover a new YOU ! 

3 comments:

  1. srilekha mandava14 April 2013 at 09:43

    loved it....

    ReplyDelete
  2. time to go on a treasure hunt then..............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 awwsum this !!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete